Location: Colorado Springs, CO, Albuquerque, NM, or St George, UT; remote is an option (must reside in the US).
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
Team Size / Dynamics
- You will be working with a distributed team: 1 DBA, 2 Database Developers & 2 Business Intelligence Analysts and a variety of technical team members (systems, developer, and QA groups)
- We are collaborative workers, and use Kanban for task management, Slack for team communication and Jell for team “stand-ups”.
- Advanced MS SQL Server Business Intelligence stack experience, including but not limited to: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Advanced relational data modeling
- Advanced ETL knowledge
- Experience T-SQL development
- Experience with creating analytic reports and/or visualizations
- MDX knowledge is a plus as well as R
- Microsoft certifications a plus
The other requirements (hard to quantify, but important nonetheless):
- Being passionate is important... the data & systems you maintain help support our aggressive growth as a company. We want you to own the projects you work on, and make them the best they can be. Transportation might not be the most exciting field in the world, but we are looking for somebody who can get excited about transforming it.
- We need somebody who communicates well. Being able to communicate well in the English language, both written and verbal, is important. You will end up working with people other than developers & technical team members (end users, company management, etc.).
- We require a willingness to adapt and learn. Nobody knows everything, and we don't expect you to either. You will need the ability to pick things up quickly and be nimble in your approach.
- We are heavily invested in Microsoft technology with Windows Server, .NET, SQL Server, and Azure serving as the foundation for our systems.
- SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016 (Enterprise), Azure SQL Database
Red Rock Tech Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.