Tenna is searching for a Senior Full Stack Developer to lead and develop the second generation of our IoT product. The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, an excellent communicator, experienced in transformation projects, and possess a passion for the IoT revolution. You will be part of a highly collaborative development process, develop next-generation code, and join on the ground-floor of the re-architecture of the Tenna product line as we scale our platform.
- Write lots of bug-free, efficient, scalable and reusable code.
- Transition the current platform to a micro-services architecture.
- Unit test and take responsibility for the quality of your own code.
- Coach, encourage and mentor your fellow software developers to do the same.
- Consult with senior leadership concerning corporate direction and planning of computing environments.
- Consult with product managers to define, scope and plan new features.
- Work with the QA to ensure a cohesive, quality product is produced.
- Test, evaluate and recommend technologies to improve the overall product.
- Be a key participant in the Agile process.
- Produce excellent documentation.
- 8+ Years Programming Experience
- Experience with Cucumber, RSpec, React, Git, Java, C, and Python
- Experience with Rabbit MQ or MQ Equivalents
- Experience with Contained Application Deployments (Docker, Heroku)
- Experience with NoSQL-based Database Architectures
- Proficient with Amazon Web Servers (EC2, VPC, S3, Elasticsearch, Kinesis)
- Have a Functional & Scalable Working Knowledge of Linux
- Have experience with large data systems
- Have a passion for Agile-based software development.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have an ability to build an application based on a white-board sketch.
- Have an ability to build highly scalable and efficient applications.
- Have an ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Have a strong understanding of software architecture fundamentals.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the open source community, libraries,
- license types and how to incorporate these into a product appropriately.
- Be self-motivated and driven to build software products.
- Wants to build something meaningful, always with the end-user experience in mind
- Is a forward thinker, obsessed with good software design and best practices
- Is serious and professional. Our desire is to build a lasting enterprise
- Brings passion, innovation and problem solving to every endeavor
- Has a preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and new technology
- Desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
- Possesses ingenuity to leverage all available tools and resources
- Communicates well, both written and verbally